1) Make SURE the overall show description speaks to your core target audience. They need to know that the podcast is for them. (We missed pushing an updated description to Apple Podcast for 3-4 weeks. Once we did it our listens spiked again.)
2) Cover some cornerstone content from your market’s FAQ’s that you can send to prospects that have questions or as lead magnets.
3) Keep the production simple. Don’t get all fancy pants until you know you like doing it. Then look at hiring someone or a small team to help.
4) Write good episode titles & descriptions
5) Link to at least one of you lead magnets in the show description of every episode
6) Mention an upcoming episode topic at the end of one to keep people’s attention
7) Be ok with leaving open loops in your content